bilingual blog

this is a bilingual blog written by a single mom who is like many others but who somehow is also different :-)

venerdì 30 settembre 2011

diario di un giorno (stra)ordinario - diary of an (extra)ordinary day


[perché in ogni singolo giorno ordinario c'è sempre qualcosa di stra* because in every single ordinary day there's always something extra]
oggi, dopo la scuola, siamo andati ad iscriverci in piscina. mi hanno dato una dritta in ufficio indicandomi un centro nemmeno troppo distante da casa e relativamente economico dove lui può fare scuola di nuoto (per ora lo hanno messo negli 'anatroccoli') mentre io faccio acquagym. stesso orario, 2 vasche diverse, ci si doccia e ci si riveste insieme: il top della praticità all'orario perfetto. da lunedì sì comincia, poi vi so dire. per ora mi piace molto l'idea di condividere un momento di sport con lui. e son molto contenta di tornare a muovermi un po'.

***

today, after kindergarten, we went to sign up in the pool. a colleague gave me a tip in the office pointing a center not too far from home and relatively cheap where my little boy can take swimming lessons (for now they put him in the 'ducklings') while I do aqua-gym. same time, 2 different pools, one shower for 2: the top convenience at a perfect time. we'll start on monday, then I'll let you know. for now I really like the idea of sharing a moment of sport with him. and I am very glad to move myself too


ieri ho letto questo post e mi sono specchiata nel concetto di tempo di qualità. io ho la fortuna di trascorrere quantitativamente parecchio tempo con l'ometto, anche ora che il 50% della sua vita la vive altrove col papà, ma ho iniziato molto tempo fa a prendermi la briga di trovare nell'arco della giornata almeno 15 minuti di tempo di qualità da dedicargli. che sembran pochi, ma si sa, qui non è la quantità che conta.

oggi pomeriggio quando siamo tornati a casa, l'ometto si è rattristato vedendo un amichetto giocare con un monopattino uguale al suo; il suo però è a casa di papà e qui non ci poteva giocare. visto che era molto triste, ci siamo infilati (ok, io solo con la parte superiore del busto) nella sua tenda ed abbiamo letto questo libro rapportandolo alla vicenda del monopattino. parte del mio tempo di qualità oggi è stato speso per insegnargli, come dice il libro, a cambiare pensieri e quindi – di conseguenza – stato d'animo. ci sono riuscita – almeno credo - facendogli capire che può esser grato di avere un monopattino a casa di papà anche se non ci può giocare qui, giacché un sacco di bambini non ce l'hanno proprio e che avrebbe potuto giocare e divertirsi con qualcos'altro e non esser più triste. ha scelto un pallone gonfiabile di quelli da spiaggia e proposto di palleggiare in camera sua. ho rilanciato gonfiando un palloncino blu, che rimbalza e vola meglio, e proponendo di trasferirci in sala, dove avremmo avuto a disposizione un divano a testa. così abbiamo riso e giocato un po', poi gli ho detto – come spesso facciamo qui – 'adesso metto il topo (= timer), così giochiamo ancora 7 minuti e poi vado a far la pappa'. 




 alla fine, mentre guardandomi attorno sorridevo, ho pensato che sarebbe davvero il caso di appendere questo poster accanto alla porta d'ingresso:

scusate il disordine

ma noi

*VIVIAMO*

qui

***

yesterday I read a post and I could find myself reflected in the concept of quality time. I have the good fortune I quantitatively can spend quite a lot of time with my little boy, even now that he lives 50% of his life elsewhere with his father, but I started long ago to take the trouble to find throughout the day at least 15 minutes of quality time to give him. which seem few, but you know, this is not the quantity what counts on this matter.

this afternoon when we came back home, my little boy was upset for seeing a buddy playing with a scooter the same as his one. he wanted to play with it as well but his is at his father's house and therefore he couldn't play wiht it here. since he was really sad, we stuck (ok, I did it only with my upper torso) in his tent and we read this book, comparing it to the scooter case. part of my quality time today has been spent to teach him, as the book says, to change thoughts and then - in consequence - state of mind. I succeeded - at least I think so - letting him know that he can be grateful for having a scooter at dad's place even though he can't play with it here, since there are lots of children who do not have a scooter at all and I told him that he could play and have fun with something else and not be sad anymore. he chose an inflatable beach ball and proposed we could throw it to one another in his bedroom. Instead I inflated a blue balloon, which bounces and flies better, and proposed to move to the living room, where we could use a couch each. we moved and there we laughed and played a little ', then I told him - we often do it here -' now I'm gonna put the mouse on (= timer), so we play 7 minutes and then I'll go and make our pap '.

at the end I smiled while looking around and I thought I should really hang this poster next to the main door :
 




quando stasera sono andata a chiudere le ante di camera mia, come spesso accade, non ho potuto fare a meno di notare la luna. ho chiamato l'ometto, che stava giocando in camera sua, per dirgli che poteva vedere una cosa bella. è arrivato di corsa, l'ho preso in braccio e gli ho indicato lo spicchio nel cielo. 'che bella, mamma! è proprio come quella che si vede nei libri! mi piacerebbe tanto essere in cima a quella montagna per esser più vicino alla luna e poterla toccare!'

***


when I went to close the shutters in my room tonight, as it often happens, I could not help but notice the moon. I called my little boy, who was playing in his bedroom, saying he could come and see something beautiful. he came running, I picked him up and I pointed to the slice in the sky. 'oooh how beautiful, mom! it's just like the one you see in books! I'd love to be on top of that mountain to be closer to the moon so I could touch it! '

 

8 commenti:

  1. Bellissimo questo post, stracolmo di amore!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Anch'io vorrei tanto toccare la luna! :)
    Abbracci e coccole a tutti e due! :*

    RispondiElimina
  3. jen, lo so, sono di parte, ma è davvero meraviglioso :-) :-*

    RispondiElimina
  4. elena, tu vai anche oltre la luna. io lo so. :-)

    baci e abbracci :-*

    RispondiElimina
  5. sounds like a lovely time.

    picking up my son from day care the director always comments on how much fun my son must be. and sadly, sometimes, I have to go through all the hard times (arguing, tantrums, yelling) before I can say "yes, yes HE is" the last few days we've had wet, cold, dreary weather...but we still need to get out so we don our rain gear and off we go hiking with the dog and its been so fun. no one else around, just us to talk to teach other and make up stories, talk about what we see and I can honestly say "yes, yes HE IS fun to be around" I'm trying to do that more, focus on that...spend quality time without distraction rather than talking while I"m cleaning or cooking or doing something else. it seems to make our interactions so much better! and my therapist told me last week she wants me to a few times a day, when I start to worry over life to say "I can't do anything about that" and just focus on letting it go. I've been doing that and encouraging my son to also...again, its small but significant to make life more beautiful. we, too, enjoy noticing the moon in all its phases.

    RispondiElimina
  6. oh nina, I so like your comment. it's full of positivity between the lines, you know?

    that 'I can't do anything about that' & just let go and the idea of teaching your son to do the same and to change his thoughts (and consequently his mood) in something positive can only lead to a better and happier life.

    I think you both deserve it. don't let go.

    big hug.

    RispondiElimina

ciao, sono lieta che tu sia qui e che tu abbia dedicato del tempo per lasciare il tuo commento. io tornerò presto da te. ♥

hi, I'm glad you're here and you've found time to leave your comment. I'll get back to you soon. ♥